Not many things are better than a cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. One of my family's staple desserts is cherry cheese cake, which I haven't had in a very long time. Recently, I've started making recipes using dairy rather than just eating whole chunks of cheese. What did I start with? Creams. They're a classic really, but to me, they're new and exciting.
This morning, I made an maple almond cream cheese spread and ate it with apple slices. It was pretty good for the first creamy spread I've made in a while. And very simple. I've also made a cream with goat cheese and agave nectar, which I think was even better.
Maple Almond Cream Cheese Spread
(2 servings)
1/2 cup Cream cheese
2 tbsp. Justin's Almond Maple Butter ( if you don't have this, you can probably use regular almond butter and maple syrup... it may be even better with maple syrup added. hmm...)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 cup Milk
2 tbsp. Truvia
Mix all ingredients. serve with sliced apples.
Goat Cheese and Agave Cream
3/4 or 1 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp truvia
Mix ingredients. Serve with sliced strawberries, sweeten with truvia, and ground pistachios.
0 comments:
Post a Comment