This is me, motivating myself. I still feel anxious about this race. I've got less than a week. And I need to stop operating from fear and start operating from fact.
Swimming is your thing. You can swim a mile. You've won swim meets. You have first place medals and ribbons. You have people cheering for you. Coach David ran along a pool, rolling his arms and cheering you on even when you swam for a different team. You finish in the top five of your age group. But even with all of that, if you need a break, take one.
![]() |
| From http://www.trifuel.com/forum/16606/motivational-sayings-or-signs-or-mantras |
You can own 25 miles on a bike. You've done it before. The second ride you ever did was 30 miles on a 40 lb. steal frame bike. You and your bike are both 20 pounds lighter now.
You are a slow runner. That's okay. You've run more than 6 miles before. At mile six of the White Rock Half Marathon, You were thinking about highfiving little kids and eating giant greasy cheeseburgers and drinking beer.
People think you eat triathlons for breakfast.
You motivate people.
You choose what you think. These are your mantras: You can move. You have legs. You have freedom. You can do things that other people can't do. Find your strong. Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak. Just don't quit, go slow, but don't quit. Don't worry about what doesn't happen. You don't hurt. You can still breath. This is a will power thing, and you have will power. You're a runner. You're a triathlete. You're Katie and you eat triathlons for breakfast.



2 comments:
I love this! See, all your facts point to--->you're going to do awesome this weekend!
Awesome post. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've been thinking about getting back into it. Might be able to afford the rec center membership soon! Can't wait to hear about the race!!
Post a Comment