So I bought the book and for the past week and a half, that's what I've been doing. Really, that's all I've been doing. But even in the book, probably only 15% is dedicated to the character that I was attracted to in the first place. But I'm hooked now.
I'm used to getting sucked into young adult books that I can read in two afternoons, not giant fantasy books. In the bookshelf of my mind, there is only one other book series that I've read that can go in the same section as Game of Thrones, and that's Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Which is amazing.
I'm about 80% finished with this thing on my kindle, so I'm sure I'll return to the real world soon, unless I go directly into reading the next book in the seven (or so I'm told) book series of giant fantasy novels.
Okay, have to go, I've only got 40 minutes before I have to be at work and I plan to spend 25 of those reading Game of Thrones.
1 comments:
I am currently reading a huge book as well - The Invisible Bridge. It is the opposite of fantasy. Historical fiction that takes place just before and during WWII in France and Hungary (so far). I can't put it down! I have been staying up an extra hour each night just to read! I love books!
Post a Comment