Friday, August 5, 2011

Lake Austin Spa Photos

For the past four years, Mom and I have spent a long weekend at the Lake Austin Spa in Austin, TX. We love it. It's relaxing, the food is yummy, the yoga and activity classes are enjoyable, the other guests are always interesting and the pool in the pool barn is shady and addicting. 

I've never taken a camera before, but this year I took some practice shots with my new Cannon 5D Mark II. I think they turned out pretty well. All in all, I don't think I really captured what it's like to go to this place or how Mom and I keep going back to the same spa resort but always end up with a different experience.

Enjoy!

Flowers and Gardens



Pomegranate

Persimmons

Eggplant


Animals
These two ducks live near the yoga deck

These two geese live near the activity deck. They were named
Will and Kate and are never more than three feet away from each other

A pretty, lazy cat

This squirrel caught me taking his picture

Will and Kate again

In the Water
Mom getting on the aqua bike 


Mom on the aqua bike

Paddle boards on the activity dock


Paddle boarding lesson

Me being awesome at Paddle boarding


Wine Tasting in the Kitchen
Flowers picked from the grounds

Wine tasting

 Just Around
Walkway in front of the hotel rooms

Shady hammock

Trumpet creeper is everywhere
A sitting room near the lobby

One of the three resort pools

Mile marker on the trail

The water sports dock

The library

Landscaping along the trail

A viewing area along the trail to the spa building

The Yoga Deck

4 comments:

Stephanie Y. said...

I don't know what you're talking about the pictures "not capturing the place," I want to go to there right NOW! Looks lovely. Katie, these are beautiful pictures. I especially love the cat one.

Anonymous said...

Mom is ready to go back!

Stokat said...

I like the cat too! There is stuff that I didn't even take pictures of, like the pool barn and the other really cool rooms, or our hotel room! I guess I'll have to get those next time :)

Erica said...

I have never been on a spa vacation or even been to a spa. Looks sooo nice. Your pics definitely make me wish I could drop everything and go there right now!

Post a Comment