Sunday, August 21, 2011

What's growing on around here


I planted seeds the other day. Specifically, basil, parsley and chives. This is a first! However... I made the mistake of planting the whole basil seed packet in two jars like the one above. So this weekend, I spent some time separating seedlings.

 

 I had a few left over jars – which makes it seem like I do cool things with jars, like storing food or crafts or something. This is not the case. I purchased said jars because they look like baby food jars, and I planned to serve dessert in them at a baby shower, but the person making the dessert had other plans. This, however, is a different story. SO – I had these jars sitting around, asking to be used as seedling planters.


I think my little guys look pretty happy. Of course, this is only the basil, and only half the basil. I gave the other half to some friends (one of them was Mr. NHS 1996). There were so many seedlings that Pres "had" to run to Lowe's for some  little seedling planter thingies. It was a really nice husband thing to do.


The parsley and chive seedlings are just now starting to show. Not so sure what I'm going to do about that.


In other news, we finally have blooms on our passion vine. We bought this plant at the beginning of summer and it's just now blooming. Hurray! And also, 9 days until Italy!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I thought you were allergic to basil? Good luck on the herb garden.

Stokat said...

I can rotate it.

Erica said...

Very cool! Lookin' good! We had one bloom on our passion vines about a month ago and nothing since. Your pic gives me hope!

Post a Comment