The appointment was this past Saturday in Tyler, which is about an hour away from our town. The big thing about 3D/4D ultrasounds is that you see what the baby's face looks like (kind of) and we were able to invite our parents. It was a neat experience but didn't come with the "OK, this is really happening" feeling I expected. Since I've had a chance to look at the images over the past few days, it feels a little more real and familiar and like something I can put my hands on. Another difference I noticed is that, where I wanted to show everyone the 2D (regular) ultrasound images at 16 and 20 weeks, I want to keep the 3D/4D images for myself and my family, so you won't see them online (Sorry!).
After the ultrasound, we went to lunch with our parents and then to do a little shopping in Tyler. The big purchase of the day was a gliding chair from Lazyboy (for baby purposes!). At the end of the day, I was exhausted, and I noticed something.
Normally, people tell me I don't look that big or that my face looks slim, etc. I'm not really one of those women that hasn't gained weight during pregnancy. I know where the new weight is, but it's nice that not many other people can see it! Well, we ended the long, exhausting shopping day in Target, with me waiting on Preston in the food area. While I was sitting there, looking a hot tired mess, this woman told me I looked like I was about to explode. I think she was trying to relate - keep in mind that she just watched me hobble my way over to a table and creak down into the chair. I don't usually act that way. So, I think the way you look while you are pregnant has a lot to do with the way you carry yourself.
1 comments:
I like the phrase "recreational ultrasound." Honestly, I wish I could schedule those all the time to help me come to terms with my hypochondria.
Post a Comment