Here's the story: Girl loves food. Girl eats whatever food she wants and is happy. One day, Girl gets sick. Girl gets tummy aches. Girl gets hives. Girl has asthma attacks. Girl bloats up like a balloon. Turns out, Girl has food allergies. To everything. Girl cries.
Girl starts a rotation diet. Girls says "rotation diets are hard!" but Girl's friends only hear, "blah blah blah I'm high maintenance." But it works, and Girl goes back to normal – kind of.
Then, Girl gets pregnant. Her allergy attacks go away. This is one of the magical things that happens during pregnancy, besides growing babies. Girls eats EVERYTHING! But mostly peanut butter sandwiches on white bread. Girl has baby, cute perfect baby.
But slowly, Girl begins to see allergy symptoms again. BUT only allergy symptoms related to a gluten allergy. Girl cuts out gluten and NO ALLERGY SYMPTOMS! In YOUR FACE body! That's what you get for not telling me, I mean Girl, upfront about this allergy stuff.
So now that you are caught up:
The UP SIDE here is that a gluten free diet is nothing compared to a diet where you can only eat one type of food once every four days, and you have to choose from meat, fruit, some vegetables and some nuts. So, yeah, gluten free? It's discouraging. It's a little hard, but I can totally do that! Also, it's publicized. Even if a server doesn't know what gluten is, they know about gluten allergy.
So to CELEBRATE the fact that I'm not allergic to everything, only GLUTEN, I'm starting a gluten free food segment, GlutenFree Me, that my five blog readers may enjoy. So far, all I've done is find some recipes online, made a few things and checked out labels of my favorite condiments and spices. And I've baked – YEAH.
I plan to post pictures of gluten free meals, with recipes if they are needed, review gluten free recipes and products, provide gluten free tips and tricks when I find out what they are and hopefully encourage myself and others that are struggling to GlutenFree their diets.
You can look forward to one GlutenFree Me post a week. And as always, pictures of Charlie. And mommy rants. And just plain rants.
0 comments:
Post a Comment