ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH
This recipe makes a Mexican stuffed pepper, but I made an easy Italian version that was a hit for the whole family. It was the same kind of feeling when you sit down to the table with a huge plate of lasagna or bowl of spaghetti. For my toddler, I just served the meat mixture over spaghetti squash (short strings and very soft), with no bell pepper.
What I did different from the recipe: I browned 1 lb. ground beef and an onion, mixed in rice and store bought tomato sauce (I used Kroger brand organic tomato basil), stuffed peppers with mixture and poured extra sauce on the bottom of the dish. I covered each pepper with a slice of cheese about five minutes before the end of bake time and served the peppers over baked, buttered spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash has become my favorite substitute for spaghetti noodles. To cook spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Oil, salt and pepper the flesh. Lay flesh side down on a baking sheet (I cover with my sheet with foil), bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes. Other ways to cook spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash has become my favorite substitute for spaghetti noodles. To cook spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Oil, salt and pepper the flesh. Lay flesh side down on a baking sheet (I cover with my sheet with foil), bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes. Other ways to cook spaghetti squash.

0 comments:
Post a Comment