Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Twelve goals for 2010.

My friend Chrissy has a blog that discusses 101 goals she set for herself to accomplish in 1001 days. I think that is such a cool idea! So I stole it, although I decided to go with the much less personally overwhelming amount of twelve goals in one year, but I still think its cool. SO. Lets see if I make any process.

1. Collect donations for a charity by participating in a triathlon.
If other people can do it, why can't I? Plus, I want a triathlon t-shirt to wear at the gym because that would just be cool. -- ACCOMPLISHED

2. Stay involved in Tae Kwon Do.
I hurt my foot a while back. It is very discouraging, but hopefully, this too will pass and I will attain the rock star ninja status that is mine.

3. Reach my goal weight of 160 lbs. and maintain it.
This might be a little hard. We'll see.

4. Learn how to cook without dairy and eggs.
Food allergies have really cramped my style. I have learned to go without, but I would like to know how to make the substitute foods for things like lasagna, grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta with creamy sauce, brownies, mac and cheese and all the wonderfully delicious things that I used to take for granted.

5. Write a novel.
Okay, so this MAY be an unrealistic goal, but I would like to be at least knee deep into a novel by next year.

6. Submit five short stories to literary journals.
I've been rejected twice already. You remember that pimple-y kid in elementary that sat by himself at lunch? Yeah, it feels like that. But I will sit at the popular table one day, I will!

7. Learn another language.
I know tidbits of spanish, but I want to delve into a language. I want to have conversations.

8. Backpack through Europe.
nuff said, really.

9. Learn how to drive a boat.
I tried it once and hit the boat house.

10. Meet more people in Nacogdoches, TX.
Really, I need to get creative.

11. Earn a scuba diving specialty.
I am advanced certified and actually already have one specialty, peak performance buoyancy, which basically means that I can hold my breath really, really well. Using this "skill", I can alter/maintain my depth in the water. Pretty cool, huh?

12. Be more appreciative, more thankful and less lazy.
As in wash my own dishes.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

These are wonderful goals. I need to invite you and Preston over some time for a vegan dinner. I have a really awesome lasagna type recipe that I think you'd love!

Stokat said...

I just say this comment! I absolutely miss lasagna... I tried to make eggplant lasagna roll ups that I saw on vegan yum yum and it did not turn out very well at all... I think it had something to do with the improper handling of pine nuts. :)

Erica said...

I have a great lasagna recipe, too! I was actually thinking of making soon as a sort of celebratory thing...

Post a Comment