My mom and I went to the Lake Austin Spa this past weekend for a nice few days of relaxing. It's a trip that calls for relaxing, massages, laying beside a fancy pool, swimming laps in a beautiful lap pool, lots of workout classes, morning kayaking, good food, interesting activities and not doing our hair or wearing makeup once all weekend. It's like camp for adults. These are a few of my favorite moments, illustrated with pictures from the Lake Austin Spa website.
1. Swimming yoga laps (nice, slow, relaxing laps) in the Pool Barn in the mornings. It was chilly out, but the pool is heated. The windows along the side stay open and you could see the steam rising off the pool in the morning sunlight.
2. Cooking demonstration with Chef Terry Conlan, where my mom and I learned lots of little tricks. Also, the food in general was PREA-TEE good.
3. Outside massage.
4. Laying in this hammock by the lake and reading a book, until the wind got too rowdy and forced us to find less breezy accommodations by the pool.




2 comments:
Katie, the spa post reminded me of what a great time I had. Thank you for the wonderful spa birthday gift.
Love,
Mom
That is a pretty cool pool. I am soooo jealous of you right now.
Post a Comment