So I told you about the rangers game. Well, that wasn't my only anniversary gift for Preston. I also surprised him with a private dinner, dancing and a night of reminiscing.
My friend Sarah works at the nice hotel in town, Hotel Fredonia. She helped me set up a private dinner for two, with a personalized menu, in one of the parlor rooms at the hotel. It was the parlor on the sixth floor, where the suites are located. And there was no one else on the floor, so techniquly, you could say I rented out the sixth floor. Of a hotel. For our anniversary.
Hooooolla.
It was a total surprise. Lots of surprises in a row. Here's a list.
First, when his parents picked up Charlie for the night, they also took the dog. Hmm.
Second, I put on a fancy dress. A pretty black dress that swirls when you spin. Way to fancy for dinner out in Nacogdoches.
Third, when we got to the hotel, where I asked to stop for a drink before dinner, I turned and went to the elevator instead of the bar. I told Preston that Sarah had given us drink vouchers for the sixth floor cocktail hour. (there is no sixth floor cocktail hour.)
When the elevator doors opened onto the sixth floor, the first thing Preston saw was our wedding video playing on the tv. Then he saw our wedding album and family photo books. Then he saw the bottle of prosecco and meat and cheese platter waiting for us.
We toasted with the champagne flutes that we used to toast at our wedding. We used our own crystal. We used our own china place settings and serving platters. I gave him a card that said I would always eat all the chocolate - Happy Anniversary. And we ate a fancy dinner and danced like fools on our own private hotel floor.
I loved surprising him. I think this was the beginning of many romantic gestures to come.
We also decided that we're renewing our vows for our tenth wedding Anniversary. And we're throwing a huge party. And there will be a parade. And a saxophone. And dancing.
There will always be dancing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment