That's just me. And old people. But I think dressing nicely is a valid concept rather than just one of the many cliches we've heard over and over - "Dress the part." "Dress to impress." "Pull up your pants!"
But because people rely on these cliches to convey their opinions, no one really seems to get the point. Yesterday, Jerret, one of the students I work with, said it perfectly when he was talking about one of his groups that presented at a competition last year.
The other members of his group wanted to wear jeans and a polo shirt during the presentation. They didn't want to wear suits at all. After some deliberation, Jerret asked if anyone knew what the previous winners of the competition wore during their presentation.
They wore suits.
Jerret then asked, in all of his infinite wisdom, "So why are trying to avoid wearing what the winners wear?"
Said in a way that makes sense.
They wore suits.
Jerret then asked, in all of his infinite wisdom, "So why are trying to avoid wearing what the winners wear?"
Said in a way that makes sense.
1 comments:
I no longer have wearable-in-public jeans. Some might argue that I never did! I've decided not to buy any more jeans for a long, long time. It's gotten me to appreciate the rest of my wardrobe. I also joined a shopping club. Now if only I had a real job...
!!!
Post a Comment