Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Horse backs and fanny packs

Horse at Anini Beach pastures.

Before we got to our bungalow on Monday afternoon, we drove down to Anini Beach, which is where our family stayed last year.  The are pastures across the street from the beach and after seeing the horses in those pastures, I was even more excited for our horseback ride.

WIld orchids growing around a palm tree outside the Princeville Ranch gift shop.

A lazy palamino cat (or miniture Hawaiian lion, however you choose to approach that) lounging on a picnic table.  Preston wanted to pet him but he pawed at Preston's hand and moved out of petting distance.

Yes, I wore a fanny pack.  And yes, I did take every opportunity to say, "You can put that in my fanny pack."  It wasn't as dorky though because I wore it to the side like the cool kids do.  You can see this in the photo.

For my birthday, Preston purchased a private guided horse back rise for two hours.  We checked in with Princeville Ranch before heading over to a pasture where our horses were waiting for us in the shade.  The one in front is named Wykoko and the one to the back is Bear Bear.

Preston on a horse.  He was a really good sport.  He even cantered.  
I dont remember this horses name, but I am going to call him "Grey Pony."

At the top of the hill, over looking the ocean and the mountain range.

0 comments:

Post a Comment