Sunday, December 30, 2012
Books, Politics, Time Travel and Babies - but not really politics, no, not really
"... It was more than a smile; his face was transformed with the happiness that's reserved for those who are finally allowed to reach all the way up."
Pretty striking quote from Stephen King's 11/22/63. I read this book a while ago and was totally sucked in. For me, it was one of those books that you just have to read in one sitting. It was right up my alley of guilty pleasures literature - time travel AND historical fiction, BAM all in one. Plus that creepy Stephen King feeling that some big bad is lurking right around the corner.
When I told people how much I enjoyed this book, they shot back at me with criticism. People told me that 11/22/63 was Stephen King's anti whatever political agenda in print. To be far, I understand. The book is about John F. Kennedy's death and weather or not the main character can stop it through time traveling. There's going to be something political about it.
But when I read it, I just saw a capturing story. It's fiction, ya'll! Even if it was intended as a political agenda, it's doesn't mean you enjoy it less!
Oh My GOSH I've missed reading. Have I mentioned my Kindle (paper white) ?? I seriously feel like a twelve year old that just walked up to a Barnes and Noble cashier with seven Christopher Pike books and my mom just said, "No, put three of those back," and I said, "But MAHHHMOM!"
No, that didn't really happen.
Ok yes it did.
Several times.
Like all the time.
Here, look at this cute picture of my baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment