Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blogs are selfish little things

Here's a pretty picture, just for all of you.  This church is in Arizona, outside of Scottsdale, and was designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Blogs are, by nature, selfish.  They can't help it.  When faced with a blank piece of paper, or a blank computer screen, and the desire to write, the easiest thing to write about is oneself.  Especially once you've danced around the fear of not creating something perfect, which is a great prohibitor for me.

I have somewhat accepted and sarcastically played off this realization, as you can see by the title of my blog here, The KB Fan Club. But really, I do try to write about interesting things... other than myself.  I've got a little section for food, which I love more and more everyday, and I've definitely highlighted different travel destinations, travel being at the top of my life list and all.  But this place right here, at the front of The KB Fan Club, is where I let my selfish show.  

So thank you for reading about, well, me... my interests, my journies, etc. And especially thank you to Erica, who comments on every one of my posts, making her the President of the KB Fan Club.  I know the rest of you are out there, all eight of you, even though you don't share your comments... I can see the numbers on the hit counter go up!  

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aw, shoot. I read them all, even if I don't comment. Can I be vice-president?

Stokat said...

Of course!

Erica said...

Heck yeah! I love getting shout-outs!!! Keep writing! I love reading about all my peeps through their blogs. Great way for an antisocial Annie like me to keep up!

Erica said...

And thanks for President. I rule!!

Stokat said...

Chrissy! I just saw an older post where you were named Secretary of my fan club. SO you are now vice president and secretary. nice.

Post a Comment