Monday, June 28, 2010

Surprise... Beer Burgers

I had big plans to use everything in the fridge before our upcoming vacation.  I was going to make dairy/egg free spaghetti pie, a recipe I had made a few times before I knew about my allergies. But when I walked in the door, Pres was in the kitchen with ingredients on the counter along with his laptop opened to the website Man Tested Recipes


He had picked out a recipe for  The Best Beer-B-Q Burgers because he thought the recipe called for the use of beer.  It didn't.  He made the burgers anyway.  It's funny because we have a cookbook from the Shiner brewery with all sorts of recipes involving beer.  Surely, there is a recipe in that book for burgers.  We'll have to look next time. 


 We garnished our plates with some frozen/bake sweet potato fries and embarrassing amounts of ketchup.  I substituted cheese with Brianna's Home Style Honey Mustard Dressing.


And in the spirit of using everything in the fridge before vacation, I cut up a full container of strawberries before dinner and enjoyed some of them over coconut milk vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup (something I just realized I could still eat!)

1 comments:

Erica said...

Fun. Have a good trip!!!

Post a Comment