Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We need 38,000 more miles.

After a very small amount of planning last night, Pres and I were sure that next week, we would be lounging on our favorite beach at Hanalei Bay and spending the 4th of July in Oahu with our friend Matt. We had our flight planned and emails sent to studio apartments and hotels on the beach. I had visions of diving and sea turtles; Preston had tee times scheduled out in his mind. However, this morning I realized that week is probably the one week I can't go on vacation this summer because of work.

This afternoon, I was sure I had convinced Preston to go to Spain in five days. We would have a free hotel from Preston's parents' time share deal, and hey, it's Spain. Ironic that my friend Courtney just moved back to Texas from the very place we would go, Malaga. BUT we don't have enough air miles for an international flight. You would think with all the stuff I buy with that Continental Airlines credit card, we could go anywhere. $3,400 for plane tickets... so that's not happening.

We have free hotel options through Preston's parents' Marriott time share, but the flights to get to those hotels are way to expensive. We have air miles, but we can't use them during the weeks we want to travel, or we don't have enough to go to the good places with the free hotel options. It's just not working out!! So frustrating because I would really appreciate a nice beach right now, but we need 38,000 more miles to go to Hawaii any other time than next week. Thank you for dangling Dream Vacation in our faces for just those nice few minutes, Life. That was awesome of you.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hey! I like your new design! It's almost as nice as the beach in Hawaii. Almost...
Sorry the dream vacation did not work out. You should probably just quit your job. I'm kidding. Kind of. ;)

Stokat said...

Maybe I need a traveling job, like with a carnival. Or a job that requires me to reside in vacation destinations, like Scuba Diving Tour Guide or Snow Cone Maker. I need to add some pics of this place so you know just how awesome it is. I would love to live in Hanalei!! But I think they require you to be a hippie for at least 4 years before they allow you to assimilate.

Chrissy said...

Start hippifying yourself now! I can dread your hair!

Erica said...

I know your pain...

Post a Comment